Every user of RENCI's services and infrastructure has a RENCI account, including external users who aren't RENCI employees. Under the hood, RENCI accounts are managed by Active Directory. RENCI accounts consist of your username, your email address, some other metadata, and a password which you set and never share with anyone.
Passwords are subject to the UNC Password policy. Some important requirements include:
- Passwords must be changed at least every year.
- If your passwords isn't changed when it expires, your account will be deactivated. If the account is left deactivated for a while, it may be deleted.
- Do not use the same passphrase on both RENCI systems and non-RENCI systems. That also means you should not use your ONYEN password and your RENCI password.
- Passwords must meet minimum requirements for length and complexity.
Internal User (Has RENCI Email Account)
If you need to change your RENCI password, please visit: https://selfservice.renci.org/
Your password must consist of the following:
- Minimum password/passphrase length at least 17 characters.
- Must not contain any character more than 2 times consecutively.
- Must not have 5 consecutive characters from username.
- Must not contain 5 consecutive characters from your old password.
- Must not contain restricted patterns (i.e., qwerty, asdf, 1234)
For instructions on how to Reset a forgotten password or Configure Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), please see the complete How-To Guide for the SelfService Utility here: RENCI SelfService User Guide
External User (No RENCI Email Account)
To manage your password, please visit: https://selfservice.renci.org
UNC Onyen Account
To reset or change the password for your UNC Onyen Account, please visit Onyen Services and select Change or Reset Password.